Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let's Get It Started

So recently on my personal blog, I did a post about some of the books I have read this summer and asked for suggestions about new books I should read. I then got some really great suggestions from some friends and family and the idea came to me to start this blog.

It's going to be Just a Blog about Books.

It is still kind of a pipe dream, but what I dream of it becoming is that whomever wants to be an author and/or contributor can just e-mail me or post on here and then I'll add you as an author and then whenever you finish reading a book, be it a good book or a bad book (okay maybe not any nasty ones, but one that you would not recommend), you can write a little post on here about it and we can create a great little resource for ourselves and other book reading fellows of books to read (or not read).

What do you think?

8 comments:

LL said...

Katie Scarlett... I had the exact same idea. Look at thestorygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com. :)

kate said...

I love it Lo! I just looked at it. I'm adding you as an author on here as well and you can just copy and paste your posts on to here if you like. I would love it!

Battfam said...

I like the idea. I like to read, but I'm not the best at reviewing and analyzing, but count me in anyway.

jenniferthornton said...

I like it. Hopefully there will be room for someone who likes stuff written 100+ years ago.

Erin said...

I love it!

I actually just finished a book today, I will write about it.

kate said...

Aunt Mil- just post the title and a yay or nay if that is what you want. All "postage" is appreciated here.

Mom- yes there is room for lovers of literature 100+ years old. Of course!

Shelly said...

I think you were inspired. Also, I like the background. Very appropriate. I have a suggestion, but I don't know how to make it happen so I will throw it out there. You know how you can categorize your posts by subjects? What if we did that and had subject links on the side of the page so that when we are looking for a certain genre of book we can refer to those specific posts. Does that make sense? For example, Nickell's photography blog has subjects like "engagements" and "babies." Then we will be able to organize ourselves a little better.

kate said...

I think that is a GREAT idea. Anybody know how to do it?