Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm only doing this because Katie asked me to

So, peeps, Katie asked me if I would explain how to add a label to your post.

Here it is: When you are writing a post, see down at the bottom of the box, where it says "Labels for this post: e.g. scooters, vacation, fall"? In that white box to the right, you can type something and it will add a label to your post.

This becomes handy, because over on the side of our blog, we can click on the labels and all the posts with that category will come up. Presently there is only one, it says fiction, and if you click on that the post about Love Walked In will come up.

So, if you write a riveting post about Moby Dick, you can create labels that say "long," and "classics," or "I'm so glad I didn't have to read this in high school," and someday someone perusing the blog will say, "Hey, they have a label for Classics! let me see what books they've got in that category," and there you go. Moby Dick will be there.

Also, once we have more labels, you can click the button that says "Show All," also at the bottom right of the Compose Post box, and you can pick which one applies.

I hope that made sense! And I promise I don't think I have some sort of superior blog knowledge. Katie told me to do it, and I always do what she says.

3 comments:

kate said...

yes I did ask Erin to do this. Because i'm blogger-retarded and I figured I probably wasn't the only one.

Thanks Erin for the blogger labels edjewkashun. :)

LL said...

Haha so I didn't know yet that Erin was the one writing this, but I could pretty much hear her voice when I read the part "I'm so glad I didn't have to read this in high school." I was super gratified when I saw that it was her!

Erin said...

Lorren, I'm so glad! I love trying to identify people by their words and being successful.