Monday, September 27, 2010

Gourmet Rhapsody


Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery
3.5 out of 5 stars

I liked this book. It was definitely in the style of The Elegance of the Hedgehog, with very "fancy" wording and descriptions. I loved it especially because it focused on food. It is the deathbed confession of a famous food critic (did you know food critics became famous? I didn't. But still) searching for the one flavor that will console him before death. His internal monologue is interrupted by the thoughts of those who have encountered him in their lives on finding out he is dying. It was an interesting read and well done, but not my favorite book of all time. Borrow it from someone.

Posted by: Lorren

1 comment:

kate said...

Lorren-
I broke up your "blurbs" into 3 separate posts so that the titles will be easy to find in the blog archive. I hope that's okay with you. Feel free to change them around or whatever and re-label or whatever needs be.
ALSO I didn't want anyone to give me the credit for these 3 fabulous posts but I couldn't figure out how to have your name be the poster when I split them up so I just wrote it in. Hope that's okay. Feel free to fix that as well if you know how!
Thanks again and again!
I want to hear about Kartography on here because it's your favorite and I don't think many of us have heard a lot about it. At least I haven't. :)