Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Zookeeper's Wife (Work in Progress)

This is a book that I picked up on a whim at Barnes and Noble. It is set in Poland during World War II and is the true story of a zoo transformed into a refuge for many Jews during the war. It is a work in progress because it has taken me over a month to finish. I have been distracted by other books (especially The Hunger Games Trilogy), but I keep coming back to it. It is not a "stay up all night to finish" book or a "I can't put it down" book, but it is a book that you will want to read because it has a good message. It is a book that reminds me there are good people doing good things in this world.

4 comments:

kate said...

I'm glad you posted on this book! I was excited to hear what you had thought of it.
It sounds like I should wait to finish the three books I am currently in the middle of before picking up another one that isn't a quick quick read. :)

Aubrey said...

Definitely worth reading, but it can be on the back burner for a while.

Erin said...

I've heard of that, but didn't know what it was about. Now that I know I'm more interested in it.

Chazlyn Robbins said...

wow, this book has more details than any other book I've ever read! I'm almost half way through it but it is taking some time. I really like the insights of Polish people during the German occupation.