Saturday, October 16, 2010

Born to Run


Born to Run by Christopher McDougall

All I am going to say about this book is that if you already love running, it will make you love it more. If you don't love running, but want to, this book can still make you gain a passion for running. And if you don't love running and don't even want to, I still recommend this book because I think you would still like it.

I listened to it on tape (while running sometimes) and the reader was good (it may actually have been the author, I forget) BUT the one thing I will say is that he does a lot of direct quotes from people and some of them swear and I don't know why but listening to it is worse than reading it for me. So, take that into consideration. But this is a definite must read.

3 comments:

Battfam said...

Sounds interesting. Are you thinking of entering THE marathon while you live there?

kate said...

that would be incredible, but i don't think that they would want me. :)

Erin said...

Kate, if you can run a 3:40 marathon, they want you!

And I have to second what she said about this being a MUST read. It seriously is so amazing. And I already like to run, but this book makes you LOVE it. For reals. Everyone read it. It is so interesting and cool.