Monday, February 7, 2011

Chains

Middle school book club success! I'm always happy to read books that have received the Scott O'Dell book award, I feel like you can't go wrong. This is a good young adult fiction book about slavery during the Revolutionary War. It was an interesting take, because usually you don't learn about those two things together, slavery goes with the Civil War. I also liked it because as a slave, the main character heard a lot from both sides of the conflict and really neither side truly supported what she really needed in life- freedom. I believe it's the first book in a series, and I liked it well enough to hopefully read the next one(s).

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love young adult books, but I never know about the new ones. I only have MY young adult books. So thanks, girl! And yeah, I don't think I've ever read a Revolutionary War slavery book before. That would be interesting.

kate said...

I second that Erin.
Thanks Emily!

Shelly said...

This looks great. Estoy interesada.