Friday, February 18, 2011

Blue Castle online

So.

Once upon a time, last year, I found the full text of the Anne of Green Gables books online. I read Anne of Ingleside, Anne's House of Dreams, and Anne of Windy Poplars all during some down times at work. Or WHILE I worked, open on one side of my screen, with my work on the other.

Anyway, I decided to read The Blue Castle, and thought I might be able to find it too. And I did.

If any of you are interested, here it is.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200951h.html

So anyway.

I started Three Cups of Tea, but for some reason was not feeling compelled by it, and I think it's because I'm still feeling sort of serious after reading Unbroken. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Unbroken, and I think every one of you should read it, but there are some really sad things in it. I read So Brave, Young, and Handsome next, and my intentions were to alternate between fiction and non, but I guess I needed something lighter first before continuing on my Three Cups of Tea journey. So anyway. I'm diving into that now.

Also, I echo what Kate said about The Blue Castle. It's just a cute, innocent story. And it's not LIKE Anne of Green Gables, in that the story is completely different, but it has the same feel to it. All the Anne books make me want to be just like Anne, and this book made me want to be more like Valancy, and definitely made me want to live where she does. It's magical there.

So yeah. Read it.

No comments: