Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Blue Castle


From a suggestion a long time ago from my friend Casidy, I finally read The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. And I am so glad that I did. It was so cute. The main character is Valancy, a 29 year-old girl who is STILL SINGLE. Dun dun dun. Anyway, it was interesting to me that this book covered that, because I don't know, I guess I figure that it is just a recent phenomenon that people aren't getting married at the age of 20.

Anyway, the book is cute. It is an easy read. It surprised me that it was written my L.M. Montgomery because I don't know, I guess it is just weird for me to read anything written by her that isn't about Anne of Green Gables or Prince Edward Island, but I really liked the book.

Cute love story. 3.5 out of 5 stars. And I don't give it 3.5 because I didn't like it, I really did, and I think everyone should read it, but unlike most of the other books I post about that I am begging you to go and read it TODAY, this one you should definitely read, but it could be number 3 or 4 on your list.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Good to know it isn't urgent. I want to read it, but just haven't yet. I guess I haven't FELT urgent about it either! Thanks Kate!

Shelly said...

Um, so I also got that recommendation from Casidy and when I saw the cover I was a little skeptical because look at it. Come on. Anyway, I think I could read this book. I'm 25 and single!