Thursday, January 13, 2011

Little Bee

I finally finished Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

And I will warn you right now that I won't be giving you a lot of info in this post about what the book is actually about BECAUSE inside the back cover of the book itself asks you not to tell others what the plot of the story is, but just to tell them to read it.

I am going to tell you more about it than that though because I think it would be unfair if I told you to go and drop all other books you are reading and blindly start this book (as I would suggest with a book like The Help or The Book Theif).

So what I will tell you is that the book is written from the perspective of two very different women from very different life situations and whose lives criss-cross twice (or possibly you could say 3 times).

And the book really  is good. I'm glad I read it, but it wasn't one that I could not put down. I would probably give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I have this on my to-read list. And I think Ann is reading it right now too, actually.

That's kind of nuts that they tell you not to tell people about it! And a tad presumptuous, if you ask me, but whatevs. I am intrigued now, however (maybe that was their angle)!

Emily Richards said...

I agree that it's presumptuous! Who do they think they are? But it really has caught my attention a number of times at the book store.