Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wives and Daughters


I just barely finished Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters. It is a longer book and so I had been putting it off for some time, but I checked the BBC movie out from the library and watched it to get me excited about reading the book and even before I finished the movie (I had to watch it in installments, because I didn't have a 5-hour block to dedicate to watching a movie, although I wish I had for this one) I started reading the book because it is fantastic!!!

Seriously. I am still so happy and giddy about this book that I really don't know what to say other than that for anyone who is a typical Jane Austen book lover and even for those who aren't, I think that you will LOVE this book. It is just so cute. That is probably the best word to describe it: cute.

The "main character"-ish Molly, is just so adorable. This book is on my love list for sure and definitely one of my new favorite chick flicks. 5 out of 5 starts hands down. I don't know why I hadn't heard about the sheer greatness of this book before. Love it.

4 comments:

LL said...

Thanks Katie! I have been wanting to read some Elizabeth Gaskell because BYU is doing an exhibit on her. Now I know a good place to start!

Battfam said...

I've never read the book, but our copy of the movie is well-worn. It has some great characters.

Erin said...

I've heard of this before, but not ever heard anything ABOUT it. And such a glowing recommendation means I will have to check it out!

Shelly said...

I have never heard of this book ever but it sounds like a good one.